Friday, September 19, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, I am not usually one to think about my birthday, but this year feels different. I've been home from the hospital not quite two days and have spent much of the time in the car back for check-ins at the hospital. Slowly, I am coming back from this. While the rash has died down, the swelling is a slower process, but I am making good progress! I awoke in the middle of the night anticipating the birth time of 5:07, when my Mom delivered now 57 years ago! I was feeling excited and so grateful. One might wonder why the excitement and gratitude, but for me, being alive, able to do my daily walks along the beach with Tammie, are so enriching. It was a brisk, but beautiful day today. I find these days that I am so drawn to really seeing the beauty in nature. There is a tree across the way, but in perfect view from my window and the shape is beautiful, the leaves so green, soon to wither and prepare for next year. The harbor offers glistening sunrays on the water like jewels. Every day, I repeat how much I love being in this "playground". Of course, next year, I plan to actually play in the playground - kayaking, swimming, learning how to paddle board. But for now, my mind's eye takes in this breathtaking sight and I sigh another thanks for having this day! Be grateful, see the beauty that life offers us all, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment