Thursday, September 4, 2014

Chemo: Day Two of Reflections

I awoke tired and groggy, but soon thereafter, felt good. The day was a beauty - less heat and mugginess than the day before and I knew that I would want to take a walk - a typical way for me to engage in my day after checking emails and tending to business! As I walked, I really took in the colors of green trees and plants - I find this to be very soothing - as well as the blue of the sky and gentle breeze that accompanied the sunshine. Somehow, these feelings were amplified. On the one hand, I am walking around with my fanny-pack of drugs(!), and on the other, I am deeply breathing in fresh air and am walking with vigor. I felt happy and grateful. I focused on allowing my muscles to sink into the earth while I walked, enhancing the connectedness to Mother Earth and overall sense of safety. I came back with good energy and decided to do a few errands before coming back for my continuing education webinar at noon. I love learning - it excites me - and I am really beginning to put the picture of my life together - the creation of my life as I want it with the pace and elements included. I felt a need to rest and did my visualization and regrouped for another little outing with my daughter when she arrived home. I walked after dinner, finalizing my day of good energy - groundedness, pace, awareness of my needs - and true gratitude for feeling well in this unknown territory. May you be in your moment, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment