Sunday, April 13, 2014

Move Your Body

As the day began there was a steady rain and bone-chilling coldness to the air. The walk ended a bit shorter than usual, but still felt invigorating. Later in the afternoon, blue skies appeared, wind died down and it felt like a good time to walk Tammie, who never refuses an opportunity for a walk. (Tammie is my almost 10 year old shih-poo, an active sort!) Upon returning from an amazing walk along the shore, noting the waves, the energy of the ocean and beauty all around, I decided to take my bike out for a short spin. Cycling has been a favorite activity since childhood and I just got my 25+ year old bike back from its tune-up, so the timing was great. Cycling through old town and along the water, I decided to take a route that I've never done before in all my years traveling to Marblehead. What a beautiful adventure - houses I've never seen, inlets of water, lots of hills! What amazed me the most was my stamina and core energy. Since I have been ill for almost two years, I have been unable to ride my bike with much vigor. Today felt like a new lease on life or at least a major turn of the corner. I focus on these milestones in my healing process because it is being in the moment, feeling already healed, that will manifest this exact reality. Just for today, I am grateful! Blessings, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment