Friday, April 18, 2014

Life Design, Recreate and Recreation

Definition of recreation (n) Bing Dictionary rec·re·a·tion [ rèkree áysh'n ] 1.refreshment: the refreshment of the mind and body after work, especially by engaging in enjoyable activities 2.amusement: an activity that a person takes part in for pleasure or relaxation rather than as work synonyms: regeneration · rebirth · reformation · restoration · restitution · refreshment You may be wondering what this is all about. Today being Good Friday in my spiritual orientation growing up catholic, I have been thinking about these themes. It was brought up during one of my energy/spiritual/reflection sessions about the fact that I have been in this very process - recreating my life from the energizer bunny who became "wounded" that created a need and desire to follow her life's dream. While I am still loving my work as a nutritionist, this is a new beginning and I am ever so watchful of when I am entering the "old self" rather than the "re-created self". The term that came up in discussion during my session was life design and how I am now choosing to enact this. When I ponder recreate or recreation, it is quite interesting to see that both offer a fun side to the equation, as well as restoration. These are newer concepts for me and although I often talk about life balance in my office with clients or with my family and friends, there was a longstanding blindspot right in front of me, not allowing this very balance for myself. Good Friday and Easter offer this very reflection - to re-create oneself. Passover is very similar and while I was brought up in the catholic tradition, I often refer to myself as spiritual rather than demoninational. I wish all peace, happiness and reflection during this season of holiness, rebirth, Spring! Blessings, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment