Thursday, July 10, 2014

HBOT, Herx and the Left Hamstring

Knowing that the various detoxing treatments that I do - coffee enemas, baking soda and epsom salt baths, colonics at change of seasons, chlorella tablets, alkaline water - to name a few! - all have the capacity for causing a herx (herxheimer) reaction and I have certainly had these lovely, miserable feelings many times. To make it simple, a herx reaction may bring up symptoms that feel like the flu, headaches, muscle and joint pain, night sweats. It is the body's way of ridding itself from parasites, bacteria, yeasts and other inflammatory substances that do not belong in our health bodies! In our modern day, we have gotten so far away from recognizing that pain is part of the process of healing - instead we take a pill to numb the pain - or eat a bag of sugar-infused cookies to raise the serotonin level! I knew going into the HBOT (hyperbaric oxygen treatment), that I may feel poorly, but I must say, that after the first session, I felt so good - clear vision, clear head, good energy. As the week went on, I felt poorly and after this second session, boy, do I feel lousy. In addition to continued headaches, GI distress, night sweats and muscle/joint aches, my left hamstring is excrutiating. I am barely able to walk, sleep comfortably and sit for long periods. I also know that specific areas of the body represent emotional and spiritual issues, as well as does the side of the body. My pain is generally right sided - indicating financial worry, safety concerns, but the left has to do with relationships and surrendering. Before I even brushed up on the sides, I had already surrendered to my feelings of discomfort and did so with love and compassion for myself, instead of the old way of self-deprication. I cancelled fun plans, work (which I never do!)and I was open with everyone about my reality at this time. Wow - what a gift, what an improvement in learning to self-love - my relationship with me. This has been an ongoing process since my initial diagnosis of leukemia. Leukemia has everything to do with self-loathing, devaluing oneself, not allowing joy into one's life. This all makes such good sense and while I do not physically feel well in this moment, I feel such gratitude for the unseen gifts in my life! Always keep your eyes open for miracles. With Love, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment