Wednesday, July 2, 2014

HBOT - Back in My Awareness

Today was my first hyperbaric oxygen treatment. What a cool process! I had learned about this therapy back in my Joslin Diabetes days, for patients who had charcot foot and gangrenous lesions due to oxygen starvation as a result of diabetes. A few years ago, while searching for alternative cancer treatments, it was among the options available, given that cancer cells cannot live in an oxygen rich environment - conversely, they thrive in low oxygen or hypoxic environments. There were no centers in the area and I was pursuing other treatments at the time. Within the last two months, however, this treatment was brought back to my attention at least 3-4 times, thus I finally realized that it was time to seriously explore this option. I learned of a center close by from one of my colleagues and began the research process. In my own evolution,I intuit that my cells are still viable but my "generator or starter" is not catching. I liken this to the automobile that keeps turning but not catching. During these past few years, my intuitive sense has become richer and I am able to envision things, often quite accurately. As I sat in the chamber, I was instructed to unplug my ears, as if in an airplane, for about 15 minutes,as I went for the "dive" as it is called. Once at my level, I put on the oxygen mask and breathed in pure O2 for 1 1/2 hours. At the end, there was the "climb" back to normal pressure. Fascinating! I felt great - my vision was very clear and my head felt very clear as well. I take this as a good sign and am excited for my next dive! The take-away here is to listen to your gut when thoughts keep coming back to you and when people come into your life to teach you a lesson that is crucial for your next steps along the journey. With clarity in mind and vision, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment