Monday, June 2, 2014

Yoga Graduation Reflections: Something In It For All

On Sunday, June 1, our 24 person Yoga Of Energy Flow class graduated our 10 month, 200 hour program. What a milestone for us all! While an eclectic group of young folks, college students, professionals and those just curious about how to assist our aging bodies and those of others, we all came together and bonded as a group of caring people with some common and diverse goals. The transformations that were made during this time were incredible. I saw and felt increasing confidence, a sharing of one's inner self and being open to being vulnerable, an increase in spirituality and connection to God in whatever way we acknowledge this immense energy! What drew me to this course from the beginning was the inclusion of a variety of yoga styles, a focus not only on postures but meditation, philosophy, breath-work - all areas that I knew were in front of me personally to tap into on a deeper level. And that I did. For those of you that follow my blogs, you will notice that my most common theme is Mind, Body, Spirit and this is no coincidence because this is where my personal work lies as well as the messages that I bring to my clients, family and friends. When asked about my work, I describe my work as my life-work because there is no beginning and end to either - they are seamlessly tied into one. While paperwork and the running a business can at times, be trying, I can acknowledge that these "human systems" - the billing, the notes etc - are just part of how we organize systems in life. As I reflect on each month during my program, there were so many obstacles that could have gotten in my way - Sept I was diagnosed with chronic lyme; Oct my Mom passed away; Nov-Jan I was feeling increasingly poor as I began to treat both lyme and leukemia; February I had my house on the market after recognizing that I could no longer afford my home; March we moved; April-May, I chose to take on extra classes in order to graduate on time. Wow, there were times when I did want to quit, but there was the "little voice" inside that kept bringing me back to my purpose - I am a bridge or conduit between the traditional or allopathic world and the alternative world - and I need to continue on my path. This photo is with my two "cheerleaders", my daughters who stand beside me, behind me and offer such strength and encouragement in my life. I am honored to be their Mom, friend and mentor and continue to look forward to being the same for those of you who wish! Namaste, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment