Monday, June 16, 2014

NLP: A New and Very Powerful Brain Train Tool

I thought when I had finished my yoga certification June 1 that I would be freer, but no, an amazing learning event cam my way that I could not say "no" to! All kidding aside, I had signed up for this a few months ago when I knew that there would be the opportunity. I was at an NLP (neurolinguistic programming) training this past weekend. Neuro - brain, five senses- visual, auditory, kinesthetic, olfactory, gustatory Linguistic - language and non-verbal communication Programming - Utilizing programs in our mind to achieve specific and desired outcomes Roll the years back about 35 - I am sitting in my psych class with an amazing instructor with whom I maintained a friendship with for years until he passed away this past December. He is talking about an innovative technology that retrains the subconscious mind - that part of the mind that takes in and stores all that we, as humans, come in contact with, whether we "think" we have or not. Most therapies up until this time and even now, today, focus on changing the conscious mind - that which we know or have an awareness of. Of course, anyone following psychology and the techniques that we have used in the states for these years, will see that in the US, the cognitive behavioral model or "conscious" model became popular until recently, when it has been realized that the unconscious drives the conscious. What does this have to do with physical, emotional and spiritual well-being? Everything! 98% of all collective illness begins in our thoughts and how we poison, sabotague and limit our potential - not "playing it big" in life - meaning, not allowing our dreams to come to fruition. I am not selling the glamorized approach to " think rich, be rich" or "think thin, be thin", but am providing this information that has come full circle for me, from 35 years ago to today! I was reintroduced to this powerful technique while doing acupunture with Tom Tam in Boston, while absorbing information in my alternative cancer treatment program in Germany, while revisiting and accomplishing my yoga certification and again, this weekend at the NLP introductory training in Boston MA. Some pearls from this weekend for you to think about are: We all delete, distort and generalize information as it comes into our thought process - this is a learned behavior and can be unlearned The five principles for success are: Know your outcome - see, feel, hear what it is that you want in your life right now Take action - have a plan for making things happen Have sensory acuity - focus on how things look, feel, smell, sound Have behavioral flexibility - be less rigid - I call this "structure with flexibility" Operate from a physiology and psychology of excellence - expect 100% effort from yourself and everyone that you come in contact with For more information, check out: www.asktheYguy.com www.nlplearning.co.uk I'll leave you with a statement that I have used for years with clients: "Get out of your head and into your gut"! Have a wonderful day, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment