Friday, July 21, 2017

Passing The Test

As I write this blog, I am brought to exploring two thoughts - the first being how I used "the report card" phrase in my past blogs, and how I wrote this phrase yesterday to eagerly talk about my ahha while reading Me Finally, Seeing-Navigating Life With An Open Heart.

I had not yet put 2+2 together, as today, I do visit the oncologist for the "report card" on labs again and yet, the "test" from yesterday holds even more meaning and excitement for me!  I had just come off from a wonderful evening of presenting on brain fog with my partner and stayed up way too late for me, working on the next phases.

I was awakened at 5:15am by my client who was confirming our 8:30am appointment and I texted back,"All set".  I went back to sleep and upon arising at 7am - a much more normal time for me now since having health challenges (used to be that 5am up and at em person!).  I read the text that I missed his appointment and to my horror, realized that this was my first blip between east and west coast timing!

I apologized profusely and he was fine - we adjusted to later in the day, as I was not prepared for even a 7am start.  I set the limit by acknowledging my mistake, apologizing and offering times that would be more conducive for both of us.  The old me would have dived right in, making for a very stressful day because I would be flogging myself for a mistake!

Next, I was flooded with texts and emails regarding health insurance "stuff" from my daughter - this cloud has been following us for a while - victims of a system that not only is not working, but does not communicate between departments.

I chose to look at my schedule and responded that I could assist later on and that I could no longer do this for her, but would guide her in the frustrating, but doable process.

While tired in the beginning of this day, I felt freer and lighter - had a deep Knowing - and this Knowing is about tone of the real keys to health.  It is about accepting who we are in any given moment, choosing to act but not react, and loving ourselves and others as we set limits that support the self and other in any process.

May you pass the test!
With an open heart,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment