Friday, March 10, 2017

A Beautiful Walk

My usual routine is to start my day with yoga, but today, I really wanted to walk with Tammie before the super cold settled back in.  It was invigorating and by the time we reached Fort Sewall, the snow was starting.

I love this spot along the water.  Up the hill to the left at Fort Sewall, is one of my favorite trees.  It is sturdy, has many limbs and stands majestically overlooking the harbor.  Trees for me have such meaning - life, stability, roots, adaptable with the seasons.

As I walked, I felt refreshed and renewed, feeling so grateful for having this time living in Marblehead.  I had dreamed of being here back in my 20's - my folks grew up in Lynn, not far from here - and I visited usually riding my bicycle through town.

While life has been anything but stable since I arrived, I nonetheless continue to love its natural beauty and my feeling of safety here.  Soon, I shall leave this lovely town, but the memories and connections I have made, will ever stay with me.

I've cycled through town and around the neck; I've kayaked the harbor; I've created a health series on the cable television; I write for the newspaper;  I worked on creating a 501 (c) 3 retreat and while it did not come to fruition, I learned so much about the process; my daughter was married at Crocker Park and we enjoyed an intimate wedding and party at our condo banquet room overlooking the breath-taking harbor; I have developed amazing relationships with healers, two in particular who are worth checking out - http://www.risingmoonhealingcenter.com/ and http://www.truefreedom.blue/.

In fact, I could not be on the path that I am now with such confidence without the amazing support of both Dr. Ensworth and Kristina Landry.  I am truly grateful.

Lastly, my daily journey usually includes yoga and I have found such strength, grounding and support at The Yoga Loft, here is town.

With warmth and gratitude,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment