Monday, March 14, 2016

Of Like Minds and Varied Gifts

What an array of talents sat with me on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, sharing in a like-minded concept with such delectable assortment of ideas and supportive advice.  We sat and had food from my Feel Great Look Great series - part of what will be served in this beautiful space.  For years, I have entertained the idea of providing retreat services where people can gather, stay, learn and be immersed into a world of total healing.  The thought began while I was still in undergraduate school studying nutrition and psychology, while also having to learn the A to Z's of food preparation, safety and ambiance.  I dreamed of being in Marblehead offering these services.

Now fast forward 35 plus years and here I sat with with friends and colleagues, both old and new, talking about how to manifest this dream into a reality.  It was an engaging and interesting conversation because what brought us together was the desire to offer healing, rest and beauty in this beautiful ocean town, yet each has expertise in different disciplines - finance, non-profit startup, mental health, marketing, coaching, music - all areas that need addressing in order to create a viable business.

As the ideas rolled, my brain swelled with not only information, but a twinge of "Oh my God" what, how, can I - and quickly one of my dear friends said, "We're gonna process this after the meeting".  I felt a sigh of relief and yet also acknowledged that my degree of what, how and can I, has dampened so much over these past few years because I "work on my stuff"  all the time.  Not only do I preach seeing oneself as healthy, healed, whole, doing what one loves and being where one wants to be, BUT, I remind myself of this daily and often multiple times daily when the old tapes of not being good enough, not knowing enough, not deserving to have, come into my conscious awareness.

These are such common themes and they erode the greatness that we all possess, keeping us humans powerless instead of powerful.  However, there was great power in my living room - a common focus, all contributing - and for this, I am grateful.

To be continued . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment