Sunday, February 21, 2016

Sacred In Many Languages

As I listened to the homily at mass last evening, I was drawn to the focus on forgiveness - of self, of others and looking at ways to accomplish this sometimes seemingly hard task.  Softening of the heart, looking up to Jesus as a guide.  It was a nice reflection to ponder.

This morning, while at yoga - I often refer to my Sunday tradition as my spiritual time at "Saint Yoga Loft", as this has become yet another tradition to tap into the unseen world of God and spirit.  My mantra today was "ecstasy".  What struck me today was that the language that I grew up with - the catholic tradition - is so similar to what I listen to from my amazing instructors in yoga.

While different, it is all the same and I personally find peace and contentment when I am able to tie concepts together.  I am so drawn to philosophy and love bringing people from different perspectives together.  It feels like a calling for me - something that I am supposed to be doing in this life,along with my continued passion for other healing arts as well.

Later today, while driving to a workshop on shiatsu massage, I listened to my contemporary spiritual CDs.  I had been unable to do this for many months due to a broken CD player in my car, but it felt so good to belt out the music that I have cantored for years in church.  And as I sang the words, I also listened carefully and again, saw the connections between the sanskrit chant earlier in the day and the lovely melodies that I have sung over and over again.  I smiled and felt a warmth, an opening in not only my throat chakra, but in my heart as well.  The throat chakra is about finding and using one's voice and the heart, well, most of us know, is all about love and being open.

I truly felt the "ecstasy" from my mantra this morning.  I feel blessed knowing that many languages, just as many paths, all lead to one - the sacred.

No comments:

Post a Comment