Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Love: Pink and Its Meaning in Our Physical, Emotional and Spiritual Lives

As I went to my usual 5:30 yoga class last evening, the focus was on the heart chakra and relaxing the neck and upper back in order to facilitate this opening.  This remains an area of challenge for me as I spent my formative years, hiding myself, hunched over.  Oh, how I wish to have those straight shoulders with erect posture.  Good news is that with yoga and pilates, it is much better and I do look less akin to the Hunchback of Notre Dame or the turtle with an emphasized hard-shell back that over-protects the heart.

I kept this theme ongoing and chose pink stones to focus on in meditation before bed.  These stones represent love of self and others.  There is always room for redirecting the focus to love and yet, there are many challenges placed in our way to choose either the path to love or path to fear.

This morning I awoke to a spiritual saying that I have delivered automatically from TUT, Thoughts Become Things, Mike Dooley.  It’s light and deep at the same time and in an uncanny way (or not so!), is usually right on with regard to themes that I am dealing with or my clients.  It seems that there is often a “theme of the week” and this week has thus far proven so as well.  Many of my clients have elevated cholesterol – some appear to be easy fixes from a diet perspective, while others, not so easy.  Why?  They already have a clean and green diet, are exercising, seem to be doing all the right things.  So what is missing?

I’ve noticed a thread of anxiety, fear, past trauma or “heart-break” and as I was listening to Marianne Williamson’s “A Course In Miracles” workshop, she talked about needing to purify on all levels – body detoxification, mind clearing and establishing new ways of thinking, and connecting to the divine in whatever way that feels appropriate for each person.

Over and over again, these ideas and themes resonate for me and I share this from my perspective with my clients and anyone who asks.  What is most important in sharing is to be able to own one’s perspective without feeling a need to change another.  The process of sharing offers an opportunity for connection and facilitating enlightenment, but does not control the situation.
This has been a lesson for me over the years.  As I recall graduating from nutrition school, I had big ideas to heal the world and have everyone eating healthy. WELL, I have learned and softened over the years.  This is not about change, but more about being with another, hearing their story, assisting with guidance, education and support in their process toward well-being.

As I consider the take-aways from this reflection, I am drawn to a few highlights:
Bring pink into your life more – it is a fun, light color that facilitates joy and joy warms the heart

When you begin to do your “stinkin thinkin”, stop and give yourself time to re-phrase your words – choose words that are self-loving and loving towards others

Continue on your path to clean eating – mostly organic fruits, veggies, meats, fish and poultry.  Only choose organic dairy and keep it limited or use a substitute – dairy is hard to digest and there are many other wonderful sources of calcium (contact me for more information).  Use organic seeds and nuts and a little of that 85% or darker dark chocolate (great for the heart-has antioxidants).

Until next time, I send you love!  Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment