Saturday, September 19, 2015

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today I am 58 - where did the years come and go!  I am comfortably sitting with Tammie, thinking about how I want to celebrate my day and I'm finding a combo of fun (bicycling of course, hopes for a kayak ride if the clouds burn off and a yoga workshop), organizing and relaxing all coming into my vision.  Hmm, how do I fit that all in - well, that remains one of those huge mountains to overturn! Oh, and of course, I am trying experiment #2 on the almond cheese cheesecake recipe.  The first tasted good, but the texture was not creamy enough.

Attending a marketing event last night, I met many wonderful people who had or are planning to purchase my first cookbook and we were talking about "Sweets and Treats", my upcoming version.  I had the opportunity to talk about how my tastes have changed over the years, from addictive craving and consuming sugar, to now preferring more bitter/sour or just a hint of natural sweetness.  It feels so good to have more of that balance in my palate.

I've also been so very conscious of how quickly life has bounced back over this year.  Just last September, I had chemo, a massive reaction to the chemo and an additional few months of "hibernation", or at least it felt that way, due to immunosupression. Wow!  And tomorrow, I attend an open house for a gorgeous property where I am planning a retreat center for people to come and learn about clean living, while restoring their lives - mind, body, spirit - back to a place of balance.

As I visualize this sacred space, I am so excited to continue along this path and while much of the "how-to's" are completely foreign to me, I am meeting such gracious, supportive and knowledgeable people who are helping to "show me the way".  When fear, doubt and the thoughts of "Am I crazy" pop into my head, I recognize them as ego and quickly let them go.

While I do not know the outcome - what it will look like, how it will manifest into this reality - what I do know is that I am on a path with momentum - and it is this positive, forward moving energy that is created by my own life force.  Some call it Qi or Chi or Prana or Spirit.  Whatever it is, it feels right, it feels good and that is all that matters.

As you each approach your birthday, take time to reflect on your past, seeing how it has assisted your present and how it will continue to move you along your path.  It is like a whisper, so be attentive to the small signs (little miracles) that are gently moving you ahead.

With peace, joy and love,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment