Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pollution Everywhere

As the snow came down yesterday, it looked so pretty - white fluffy stuff clinging to the trees and coating the ground as if a carpet. And then came the snow melt! I have found that this new melt sure does do the job, but Tammie's paws don't like it and I usually feel more allergic - owing it to this new-found chemical miracle that clears the snow as soon as it hits. Of course this brought me on a field trip in my mind about "other chemicals" that live with us daily, assuming no harm - or is there? I generally no longer clip coupons as I used to because I have become such a chemical-free snob or shall we say an enlightened consumer! But on this day, I decided to look through and it dawned on me that every page was filled with products that I used to think were safe, got the job done, and have stood the test of time.
While I am not singling out the product companies - the names have been blackened - I am definitely interested in raising awareness that not one item in this collage photo is in the "green" per EWG (Environmental Working Group), an organization dedicated to rating consumer products for safety. This is distressing because daily each of us use products that may be declining our health and that of our families. Just look at newborn cord blood and you will see how polluted we are as a human population. Tests Find More Than 200 Chemicals in Newborn Umbilical ... www.scientificamerican.com › … › What’s eating us? 232 Toxic Chemicals found in 10 Babies - Mercola.com articles.mercola.com/.../31/232-toxic-chemicals-found-in.. Environmental Toxins Found In Newborns' Cord Blood:... www.huffingtonpost.ca/...toxins-found-newborns-cord-blood... How do we begin to change these challenging areas that affect each of us whether we are aware or not? Begin by checking EWG and look at just one section to start with. Focus on small steps so as not to become overwhelmed. Over time, your household will become a cleaner environment and this will assist in you and your family being healthier, having a stronger immune system and also contributing in a positive way to the environment. Now is the time! Begin to shift. Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment