Friday, January 16, 2015

Knowing

It has been an interesting week and while all weeks are interesting in what appears in my life, the "pops" or "ahha moments" have been on the rise! I have often described my journey as coming full circle from when I was in college as a young adult. I distinctly recall as a dietetics student knowing that I did not want to be the "dietitian with the hair net and white jacket in the basement of the hospital". I often use that as a start to my introduction of who I am and how I got to where I am today. As early as my 20's, I visualized having a bed and breakfast in Marblehead - a place where I would teach my healthy living classes, cook my healthy food for guests and seminar participants and be in a beautiful ocean town with such history and fun activities to pursue. While my path took a few twists and turns, this desire has remained to this day and in fact, I meet with the oldest B&B owner in town today - to discuss how to go about making this dream a reality in the next few years! What does this have to do with my title,"Knowing"? Everything. To digress a bit, this past few weeks have been filled with viewing documentaries with my college daughter, Ashley. She is passionate about organic food, the non-GMO movement, spirituality and healing with energy - just like her Mom! We started to watch videos that I had been introduced to while in Germany two years ago, exploring the mind-body approach from a quantum physics perspective - going into a state of meditation, visualizing oneself as already healed, whole and doing one's life purpose. It is in the Knowing and not just the Thinking, that one experiences this shift in reality or what we call manifestation. All of a sudden, the lightbulb went off! I realized that I have been "sort of" doing it, but not completely. I was stuck on the completely healed part for a variety of reasons - old tapes that keep playing in my head that drown out the possibility. I had accomplished the move to Marblehead and that happened relatively smoothly. As we watched The Divine Matrix by Gregg Braden, he emphasized the necessity of going beyond just the visualization and thinking part, but to connect the two with a feeling state of joy and love, KNOWING that it has already been accomplished. He warned that many confuse Knowing with "thinking" that they know. This review in addition to working with a spiritually guided coach who begins with teaching one that meditation as a daily practice is key to any course of direction, has allowed me to be in a place of deeper contentment, increased courage and willingness to take this time on a daily basis to go inside and quiet myself, connecting to my higher purpose. As you explore the infinite possibilities in life, remember to commit to these disciplines: Start to meditate daily, even 5-10 minutes upon arising and upon going to sleep, then gradually increase the time Quiet your mind and begin to explore your true purpose here - a clue is to consider your passions and what truly brings you joy Be patient with yourself - it may be a blank slate to begin with, but KNOW that you do KNOW on a deep level who you are and what your purpose is in this life In Peace and Gratitude, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment