Sunday, May 14, 2017

Remembering Mom

As  reflect on my Mom, I think of how lucky I am to have had a Mom who supported my interests and who enjoyed many of the same things that I do - music, fashion-she had a keen eye for color and style, food and the latest health info, being available to others in need.

Interestingly, I had planned on attending some service today, whether at the catholic church or another denomination and I was drawn across the street from my apartment to a building called the World University, one that looked just like the buildings at Graymoor,a beloved mount in NY that was home to the Friars of the Atonement.  As I drew closer to the building, there was a sign that stated "Church Entrance" and beneath was written - "Ecumenism, that all may live as one".  I had chills and immediately felt my mother's presence, as if brought to this place by her.  I had always loved the Graymoor Friars' mission, brought forth by Fr. Paul, the founder and the statement written by him was, "That all may be one".

In fact, when I developed the fund raising Power of One concert in Wellesley years back to support the local mental health agencies for suicide prevention, I used Fr Paul's statement.  Out of this was born our contemporary liturgical group and we played for many of the special masses, enrolling the younger folks into the music as an expression of their spirituality.

I felt guided by Mom and look forward to attending a service there which is once a month.  Today as people gathered, the service was cancelled due to the minister being ill, but I met and talked with some lovely people, all focused on a similar path of awareness and enlightenment.  It was refreshing, energizing and relaxing, all in one.

Just prior to going to the service, I went to the Farmer's Market, again meeting gracious people, local farmers, and was surrounded by music on each corner of the tents that were set up.  I was again reminded of how my Mom and I would take the train into Boston for the Saturday Haymarket farmer's market.  We did this during my college days since I was studying not only nutrition, but food purchase and preparation.

I purposely dressed in a blue print dress so that I could wear the bracelet that she made for me years ago - sapphire stones with some other pretty stones.  Sapphire is my birthstone and blue is about communication and connection with the angelic realms.

This evening, I feel complete, having done yoga, soaked in epsom salts with wintergreen and cypress and now preparing to do a little work before retiring.  My wish for all is that this day represents appreciation for all Moms, as well as other feminine energy and support in our lives.

With love,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment