Monday, December 12, 2016

Joy

The word keeps ringing in my ears and is all around in my listening, my singing, my sight.  As I lay on my yoga mat last week, feeling the pain of family distress, most of it out of my control, I heard the words "Joy" repeated as my yoga mentors read from various texts.

I then listened to the gospel and homily at church and was again reminded of how Jesus stated, "That my joy be with you and your joy be complete".  It felt so reassuring, so timely and while life has been challenging over these past few weeks, deep inside I have been able to trust, to remind myself to "Let Go and Let God."

It has not always been this way and I can fall into old patterns of wanting to fix things, to rescue others from their pain and yet, my mentors have provided me with tools that I have been practicing over and over again, now to test and take flight.

In fact, I used this analogy with my family member - think of a tiny, baby bird, ready to take its first flight.  There is fear, there is likely a few falls, but with practice, the bird does indeed take flight.

It is innate for all living beings to heal, to move towards wholeness, to be held by God, spirit or however we call this miraculous support.  For me, this brings Joy.

May you find, peace, joy and love as we enter the final days of a holy season or just the end of a year.

With love,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment