Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Year's Eve - A Reflective Eve

I was invited to a service in my complex this evening - in fact the Ward Room is where Lindsay and Scott were married just four months ago.  I have not been there since that beautiful day in August, but the view of the harbor is still breath-taking and the memories, endearing.

The invitation intrigued me as the service was to be offered by a Sufi minister, representing the unity of various religious and spiritual traditions.  The concept of unification is so much a part of my life in many aspects - I strive to bring together various ways of thinking, being and living, with the intention of creating and spreading peace and harmony.

The service was lovely and I felt badly that I needed to leave before it ended because my next event is a satsang at a local yoga studio.  We will practice yoga by candlelight, chant and meditate as one.  I am so excited to share in this tradition as well because the postures, readings and reflections always touch a part of my life that either needs cleansing, uplifting or healing, AND, it offers me opportunity to share these teachings with my followers.

As I dawn my yoga pants, I feel blessed for the many gifts in my life and grateful for the grace to accept challenges with an open heart.

I wish you all a peace-filled New Year, one that offers bright new beginnings.

With love,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment