Sunday, December 7, 2014

Gray Days and Sunday

Here I am, sitting and contemplating what to write about. There's just so much! My recent passion and initiative to grow the organic/non-GMO market here in Boston, or the inspirational documentaries that I have viewed these past few days. Let me first set the stage - most of the holiday decorations are up - just waiting to trim the tree with Ashley after her finals next week. I love the enchanted feeling and view of years of memories, starting with putting out some of my most cherished ornaments with Mom when I was little. Each ornament that we have symbolizes a time, an era, something to feel grateful for. As I write this reflection, I feel a sense of peace, and an inward and outward smile. I find that I am drawn to documentaries more than regular television, except for my "guilty pleasure", or not so guilty, of watching The Voice! I decided to watch Origins the other evening and this was so beautifully done, both in photography and story-line. The message was loud and clear about being in a time where we have so much available to us and yet we are at a crossroads of using this technology for personal, short-term and monetary gain OR are we looking at revering the earth and its gifts, listening to nature and using intention for preserving "all that is"? The film took us to Africa and showed a group of individuals learning to co-habit amongst wild animals, the brush, food and shelter of the earth. The key was man's learning to create and use fire - the first technology. Speed ahead to today and we have smoke, fire, pollution - all of which is leading us toward self-destruction and that of the planet. That fire is even shown within the microcosm of the human body - a mini reflection of the world outside! We are on fire and the diseases of our generation are all about inflammation. How can we change our trajectory? While easy and not so easy, it takes being conscious - slowing down to go deep within and ask oneself what they need and truly desire. Once in this relaxed yet conscicous state, we are open to learning, understanding and being able to take the initial steps towards health and wholeness for ourselves and the world at large. For those of you who read my blog about "I Don't Care", this is truly revolutionary for me because while I have been committed to healing people through nutritional, emotional and spiritual therapies for years, a large part of me lived in fear of the "big, bad world" - a concept handed down from my folks and likely generations before that. I now see the world as abundance, gifts to be discovered, used with reverence and to be protected for lifetimes to come. Take some time to watch this amazing show - link attached - and if you need popcorn to entice you and your family, be sure it is organic and non-GMO! Peace, Julie http://origins.well.org/movie/

No comments:

Post a Comment