Wednesday, December 24, 2014

From Advent to New Beginnings

Today while at yoga, there was a sense of peace and calm, reflecting on this season that I love - Advent. While born catholic and involved in many capacities over the years in my church community, I have always been more open-minded and not bound by doctrine. And yet, many of the traditions have great meaning for me. Advent, a season of waiting, going deep within to reflect on who we are and our purpose in this life, offers even more meaning this year. Most every evening, I sit by the Christmas tree, admiring the beauty of our decorations adorned on this symbolic tree of life! I recall a few years back when I offered a program at our church call Advent Peace and this was an opportunity to bring buddhist philosophy into the 4 significant weeks of Advent. We sang beautiful hymms, chanted and listened to the sounds of crystal healing bowls. What a pot pourri of holy and spiritual significance. This Christmas is a new beginning for our family and I am excited to start anew with fond memories of past traditions that so richly embellish the fabric of our family. My Mom is at peace, my Dad is with us and my girls and Scott are here to celebrate in our new home. Tammie will be in her reindeer costume, reminding us of how animals touch our lives with joy, laughter and fun. As you close this season and bring in new opportunities, take a moment to reflect on God's many gifts to you and us all! With love, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment