Friday, August 22, 2014

The Color Game

How often have you given thought to the power of color, the language of color, the spirit of color? For me, I've always appreciated it, but did not give it much additional credit until my alternative cancer therapy trip to Germany, about one and a half years ago. While there, the older wise woman who assisted with energy-talk therapy, spoke to me of having a gift for healing others with color. She told me that I would need to find out what that was and how it would manifest. Over these past two months, while needing to rest more, sit more, be with myself more, I've taken the time to dream about what I want to play with and bring forth in my practice as an integrative nutritionist. Immediately I recalled having fun with the Color Me Beautiful concept that was around in the 80's. This addressed how wearing certain colors would either accentuate our beauty or detract, causing a washed out, rather sickly look. I loved this, brought it into the work that I was doing with women and decided to add it to my toolbox for helping women feel great and look great from the inside out - my tag line to this day! I had completed the modeling and finishing school teacher training, loving every minute of how colors and wardrobing could assist with increasing self-confidence merely by wearing clothes and colors that boosted the inner radiance! I created a class called Total Body Care, and I took it on the road to middle and high schoolers, as well as to my weight management class. What fun we had. Instead of seeing teenagers with "racoon eyes" all decorated with heavy black eye liner, there were budding young women who were attractive but not trashy. Years later, I have dusted off the concept, plan to resurrect it using skin care products that are cancer-chemical free - a total combination of my learning in Germany and here in the US. In addition, I had begun to think about the chakras,the energy of colors in various foods and found a fun ritual of using The Secret Language of Color cards by Inna Segal. While there are many ways to play the cards, I fan them out and choose one for the day. What is interesting in the concept of using color is that it is one more way to focus energy and intention on an inspiring and healing message. I am thoroughly enjoying this ritual along with using sage for cleansing and crystals and stones for meditation. All in all, these natural substances provide a way to calm the nervous system, allowing one's innate intelligence to balance the body, mind and spirit. Choose to be colorful, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment