Friday, May 2, 2014

Spring is in the air and more

Today is mostly sunny, warmer and the trees are really budding. There is the smell of Spring, of mulch, the look of Spring, new life and the desire to be out there with less hibernation. I just posted on Facebook the ebb and flow of life's beauty and sadness, all very much in close proximity at times. This week has had many joyous moments - meeting up with friends/colleagues that I used to work with at Joslin Diabetes Center many years ago, attending a wonderful book signing by Dr Jeff Bland, father of functional medicine and a week of truly feeling well - good energy, few stomach-related lyme issues - I feel grateful! On the tail of this was the news that a favorite aunt passed away, not from her recent cardiac surgery, but a freak fall that caused a brain bleed. While still in shock, I recall the conversation that she and I had a month ago. My aunt was always active, in fact, went to her bowling league while we were there, but on a more serious note, she also stated how she was prepared for what God had ready for her - survival or not. She felt at peace with all around her and what a gift to hear her be in this place. What this brings up for me and for those who follow me, is that living each day with awareness and appreciation of the many gifts, being fully engaged and having gratitude, is what life is about. Blessings, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment