Friday, December 8, 2017

A Snowfall of Ash

It's been a month since updating on most social media sites - life has taken twists and turns that continue to always bring me back to a place of gratitude no matter what.  That has taken years of practice, patience, frustration and acceptance.

Today as I write this entry, I am sitting on my futon on the floor of an unfinished apartment with dust, and dirt and fresh smelling varnish.  Yet, I feel so very grateful to be here, alive, warm and sitting next to Tammie, who is now 14 years old!

Last week, Tammie was very ill with an acute bronchitis that caused a collapsed trachea.  We were back and forth to the animal hospital for a few days, xrays, medications and finally, the vet suggested acupuncture to support her trachea.  Tammie has responded well and I feel so lucky to have this "old girl" in my life!

Just three days ago, I was evacuated from my apartment in Ojai due to devastating fires that have claimed thousands of acres of land, houses, farms, businesses and very sadly, animals.  While unafraid, this is unlike anything I have witnessed in my life and now three days later, forty-five miles north of Ojai, we are being asked to stay in much of the time while ash falls from the sky and the air quality is very bad.  As I prayed and asked God what am I meant to be doing and being during this time, I received a clear message to serve.

Immediately, I called the local colleges and Red Cross to see how I may assist and surprisingly they were set.  I next reached out to friends and on the net about moving up ability to have my apartment ready sooner for someone who has lost their home.

Backing up just a bit, I made a decision earlier in November to consider relocating to Santa Barbara for business opportunities that are opening up and in the process, my soon to be landlord not only allowed me to bed down here, but is willing to move up my move-in date so that I can accommodate a person whose home burned to the ground. 

As I have stated so many times in the past, there are no coincidences in life.  My initiation of the move created an opportunity for me to be safely housed instead of being in a shelter and afforded me the ability to help another person in the process.

Divine intervention prevails yet again!
Love
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment