Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Knock On The Doors Of Life

"Sometimes when a door is slammed shut, Julie, the very best thing you can do is to knock on it again, and again, and again.
 
But I'd recommend you try all the other doors, too.
 
Yours,
  The Universe"

This began a train of thought that exposed an area of my personality or shall we say, shed light on it to be healed!  As I continue along the path of self-discovery, self-healing and listening to the dialogue between my mind and body, I am so very aware of how the mind/ego wants to take over and direct the rest of the orchestra.

The focus of my healing is presently on self-compassion and letting go of attachments that no longer serve.  Yeah, I've been there and done that before, but this time round, the peeling of the onion is allowing the deeper awareness of the hurts, pains and influences that keep me and I assume, many of you, in the repetitive "mouse wheel" of life.

My "stubbornness" has gotten me through many trying times, for I don't give up, yet I also have not listened to the inner voice of wisdom that gently knocks and says, "try that other door!"  I see clearly now that the stubborn armor was a way of protecting myself, wanting to believe that perserverence eventually meant love and acceptance from the other.  Well, I've tested that one out and it surely does not always work!

Where did that come from, you might ask?  Certainly parental influences - after all, Mom was a Leo and Dad, a Taurus.  Both personalities are strong, protective and stubborn - although there is more to the birth chart than the sun sign.  Other possibilities - being an only child in a family with lots of anger, yelling  and expectation; seeing the world as a dangerous place where self-defense (in my case, being good and quiet because I was not very athletic) became a way of maneuvering life.

Is this bad - absolutely not!!!  These experiences must be met with curiosity and an ability to recognize that one's style is a compilation of all experience.  Can you knock on other doors to see what gifts lie behind them?

Opening the many doors to life!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment