Sunday, August 7, 2016

To Be An Inspiration and To Inspire

I often ponder words and meanings, especially when thinking of my intention for yoga class.  I chose inspiration and inspire for a few reasons.

I've been told throughout the years that I am an inspiration to others, and while I am honored to hear this, I also take this responsibility quite seriously.  I truly believe that one of God's gifts to me has been to be an inspiration to others, especially when things seem bleak.  I often envision a bright light in the center of my heart, connecting to others.  I like to use visualization to assist in this process.

As I began to think of the word inspire, the thought arising from the deep breathing required in yoga, I recognized on a different level, how this inspiration is for me and my continued healing on multiple levels.  Breath of life or Prana, is basic for all to live, grow and renew.

What is the lesson in all of this - in order to be an inspiration to others, the process begins within.  Start by loving yourself unconditionally, be the light to yourself in order to become a light to the world.

With love,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment