Sunday, December 6, 2015

A Deliberate Break

It is two weeks since my last post and this is the longest I've gone since beginning the journey with you in my blogging.

This break was deliberate - I tuned into my intuition about needing to go inside and honor my need for receptivity rather than doing.  Being able to give myself permission to take time tends to be a blindspot and a very, very hard one to transform.  The time is now here.

After consulting with various healers over these past few years, the messages have been similar - you need time and rest for the remainder of the healing process.  And while this should be easy, years of conditioning, family and societal messages and my make-up from birth, have made this somewhat of a mountain.  A mountain that can be moved!

During a time when many are ramping up for the holiday season, I chose to take some quiet time.  Ashley is abroad and Lindsay celebrated Thanksgiving with her fiance's family out of state.  I had a lovely day with my Dad, then came home to rest.  On Friday, I pulled out the Christmas boxes  - something my girls and I have done since they were little.  I decorated while listening to Christmas tunes, then took Tammie to our local garden shop to find a tiny - and I mean tiny, tree.  Since Lindsay and I leave to visit Ashley in Amsterdam Christmas night, I bought table topper, however real, as it has always been our tradition.

I practiced playing guitar and piano, and finished the manuscript for my cookbook. I went to a kirtan - an evening of chanting and music. I walked a lot by the ocean.  I listened to my heart and not my head.  It felt freeing to be spontaneous and not programmed as I so easily fall into.

What I've also noticed is how taking time, has opened up more healing for my digestion and headaches.  I continue to do many practices and have added in essential oils for sleep and detoxification, but it is the sum of all of these practices that is bringing about continued healing.

This is nothing new in my cognitive understanding, but I am moving into practice and knowing, without the judgment.  When the ego pops in, I am observing and letting it go.

My wish for you, my faithful audience, is to take a break during this season, pace yourself and know that you are loved for just being you!

Advent Peace,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment