Sunday, November 8, 2015

Cards and Meaning In Our Lives

Over the past few years as I have adopted rituals into my spiritual life, I find these to bring such focus and an uncanny association with issues that I may be wrestling with.

While in Germany doing alternative care, I was told by the shaman that color would be a good area for me to explore and upon arriving home, I began to look more closely at color healing, chakras and stones/crystals.  This became a fun past-time as well as another avenue to explore not only for myself, but for my clients.

I tend to do things for a while and then become side-tracked like anyone and today, I felt an urge to pull out my Color Cards and Healing with Angel Cards.  No coincidence in what I pulled!  Blue was the color which is aligned with activating one's healing power and to calm the nervous system.  It is also my birthstone and a color that I am drawn to.  When pulling the Angel cards, I decided to choose 3 - one for past, one for present and one for future.  My past was Dreams - looking into the meaning of one's dreams. On occasion, I will awaken and journal about what I am dreaming about, but have not done so lately.  My present is Nature - a very powerful healing presence in my life, something I crave and am able to enjoy on a daily basis here by the water.  On the weekends, I try to get out even more - walking and cycling and sitting by the harbor.  My future is about Balance - this is key and something that my girls remind me in many of our conversations.

Balance also came up during an astrological therapy session - being busy, achieving, learning - all things that are important to me, are also where I get caught in my blind spot.  For me, it is all too easy to feel that I am not enough, do not know enough, will never catch up.  While intellectually I know this is not true, the ego and emotions easily take over, revving up my nervous system, thus creating imbalance.

I work daily on these themes and am in the process, so to speak, just as the many wonderful people I come in contact with as well.  My friend, Jamie wrote this song, "We're All In This Together", and this is so true.

Next time you are fretting the past or worrying about the future, stop, have a ritual that is meaningful to you and really focus on the wonder and beauty in your life.

Love
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment