Wednesday, April 8, 2015

"There Are No What ifs Only What Is"

As I sat to do my morning meditation, I found the usual "flood of thoughts"  enter in.  This is "my lion to tame" and I realize that we all have something that gets in the way of being balanced and in the moment!

I've avoided the whole meditation thing for years, knowing deep down inside that it would be really, really good for my "Virgo" mind.  For years, I would laugh about my sun sign, stating that it is a carbon copy of me - the good, the bad and the ugly!  I am loyal, empathic, a good parent, organized, a teacher AND I am critical , analytical, perfectionistic, a little OCD!.  While I now embrace the various facets of my personality and behavioral type, it can be challenging at times.

Those of you who follow my blogs, know that I take my life experiences and challenges as gifts to learn by and to share with others.  They can be pearls of wisdom, intuitive integration, ahha moments that change the direction of the journey - nonetheless, old habits and ways of being - the ego part of self, can find a way to creep back in.

For me, as I take on new and bigger challenges in my work and life, I find that I am persistent, a go-getter, passionate about my direction, BUT, I can be stopped by the little voice in my head that says, "what if . . ." and "are you crazy . . ." and "how dare you think you can . . .".

As humans, habits become automatic, part of the subconscious that rules about 90-95% of our thoughts and actions, and if not continually focusing on being present and aware of this very moment, it is easy to be caught up in those self-limiting statements.  As difficult as it seems, especially for those of us who live in our heads, it is very possible to re-train the mind to be focused on the moment at hand, the task in front of oneself.  It surely uncomplicates the situation realizing that we really only have this very moment and indeed, a precious one at that!

In peace and calm,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment