Monday, February 9, 2015

Hearty Grass Fed Steak and A Snow Day

Since we are snow bound in Boston – our third storm in a week with over 3 feet of snow, it felt like a great day to prepare a hearty meal.  It has been a reflective few days, as well as an opportunity to be impromptu and creative.  Since my favorite yoga studios are closed, I lit my himalayan salt candle, set up my matt and created a shrine-like atmosphere where I practiced my own class.  It has felt so good because I am gaining the confidence to get back out and teach again.  While body flexibility remains an issue, it is so much improved with my daily work on the breath and knowledge that I am healthy, healed and whole! My plan for teaching will be to include my singing a song during savasana or the integration/rest phase of the practice.

Savor the flavors and enjoy this combination:

Grass fed sirloin marinated in balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, toasted sesame oil
Oven roasted chopped golden, red beets, and black radish in coconut oil and toasted pecans
Oven roasted green beens with minced ginger in toasted sesame oil, sprinkled with salt before roasting

Top with a mixture of grass fed plain yogurt and Dijon mustard


Black radish has been used in Asia for many years to treat various afflictions, and was introduced in Europe during the latter half of the 20th century. Its juice or extract is commonly ingested as a tonic that is good for the liver and beneficial for the entire gastrointestinal tract. The vegetable contains antioxidant properties that eliminate the free radicals. Its diuretic effects stimulate urination, which helps eliminate toxins from the body. This medicinal radish helps the body remove bladder and kidney stones. It promotes the production of bile to aid in digestion, and detoxifies the liver. It also helps purify the blood.


No comments:

Post a Comment