Thursday, September 19, 2013

Unplugged and Happy Birthday

The weekend began with a crash of the internet, but it did not rattle me the way it usually would. I tend to keep up with work emails, answering clients within 24 hours and doing the weekly bills and office billing early every Sunday morning. But this weekend was to be different. I started my recertification training in yoga, thus was gone all day Saturday and Sunday. As should be no surprise, I was in my "zen mode" for the entire weekend. Monday arrived and I was back to no computerized charts, but that did not cause angst - I reverted to the old fashioned way of interviewing and assisting my clients. There was something actually a little nice about being unplugged. Fast forward to today, September 19 - my birthday. Usually, I am working and we celebrate as a family on a day that is convenient for us all, but today was different. I usually work at the clinic on Thursdays, but it is closed for updates for the next two days. Knowing this, I tried to work on filling my newly hired dietitian with clients, but he is finalizing details, so the day was open. Wow - what a gift. I decided to listen to the universe with regard to how hard it was to fit work in, and thus chose to take a day for me. Being self-employed with multiple initiatives, there is always work to do. As I've mentioned in previous blogs, the lesson is learning to play as well as work - a word not in my vocabulary until recently. When we balance life with work, rest and play, our true selves shine through. This week has provided me with wonderful opportunities and the message for you all is to go with the flow, listening to your heart. Last of all is my creative concoction for dinner: leftover roast pork tenderloin, diced garden tomato, chopped sauté both in coconut oil sprinkle with garlic powder, oregano, parsley, basil top with green olives and shredded parmesan place on arugula serve with toasted millet-flax lavash Enjoy! Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment